Friday, July 23, 2010

Giant Spicy Burritos!

I am a sucker for Mexican food, and really anything with a spicy hotness to it. I used to make my burritos with ground beef or chicken, but tonight I made them free of any meat for the first time.

I am absolutely loving experimenting with making my favorite foods without meat and discovering that I love them just as much!

My burritos were made with:
  • whole grain tortillas
  • mozzarella and cheddar cheeses, shredded
  • plum tomatoes
  • white onions
  • garlic (of course, this is in almost anything I make)
  • black olives (yum! I love olives of all kinds)
  • jalapeno peppers
  • fresh spinach leaves and hot sauce for garnish
I would have preferred to add some rice and beans to this, but honestly I was way too tired after work to cook those. For this recipe, I just chopped up the veggies,threw everything onto the tortillas, and microwaved it for about a minute!


These came out tasting FRESH and DELICIOUS and it took all of about 5 minutes to prepare!


Any other good ideas for Mexican themed veggie dishes?

4 comments:

  1. Jenn makes some black bean and zucchini quesadillas that are the best quesadillas I've had in my life, bar none.

    I think it may be a weight-watchers recipe. I'll see if I can find it for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @coolhandandrew Thanks Andy, I would love to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you wanted more filling burritos you could use tofu crumbles seasoned with some cumin, chili powder, salt, and pepper. I hear it has the consistency of ground beef...

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Melissa22 This is exactly why I am so glad I started this blog, so many great ideas!!

    ReplyDelete